The 2019 Caravan and Campervan Data Report provides an analysis of vehicle registration figures at year end 31 January 2019 and examines trends by postcodes, tare weight, gross vehicle mass, fuel type and average vehicle age. The data is sourced from the Australia Bureau of Statistics Motor Vehicle Census and cross analysed with Australian Demographic Statistics to provide population ownership trends by age. The report is compiled by BDO Australia.
- Combined Campervan and Caravan registrations reached 711,337 at 31 January 2019.
- Comparing 2019 Campervan and Caravan registrations with 2018 shows an increase of 31,959 or 4.7% over the past year.
- Campervans registered in Australia at 31 January 2019 totalled 69,693 compared to 66,611 in 2018. This equates to a 4.6%
- Caravans registered in Australia at 31 January 2019 were 641,644 compared to 612,767 in 2018. This is a 4.7% increase
- • After light rigid trucks, Caravans (4.7%) and Campervans (4.6%) had that highest registration increase between 2018 and 2019.