The 2020 Caravan and Campervan Registrations Data Report provides an analysis of vehicle registration figures at year end 31 January 2020 and examines trends by postcodes, tare weight, gross vehicle mass, fuel type and average vehicle age. The data is sourced from the Australia Bureau of Statistics Motor Vehicle Census and cross analysed with Australian Demographic Statistics to provide population ownership trends by age. The report is compiled by BDO Australia.
- Combined Campervan and Caravan registrations reached 741,443 at 31 January 2020.
- Comparing 2020 Campervan and Caravan registrations with 2019 shows an increase of 31,106 or 4.2% over the past year.
- Campervans registered in Australia at 31 January 2020 totalled 72,034 compared to 69,632 in 2019. This equates to a 3.4%
- Caravans registered in Australia at 31 January 2020 were 669,409 compared to 641,644 in 2019. This is a 4.3% increase
- •After light rigid trucks, Caravans (4.3%) and Campervans (3.
- %) had that highest registration increase between 2019 and 2020.